Tuna Salad Muscle Sandwich
- Super Admin
- Creative Writing
- 2- Packets Low Sodium Starkist Tuna 2.6 OZ each
- 1/4 of a small onion diced
- 1 half of a ripened avocado
- 1-teaspoon of Greek Yogurt
- 1-teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Half a teaspoon of parsley flakes or fresh
- 1 pinch of Himalayan Pink sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Teaspoon of lime
- 2 Slices of Low Sodium ezekiel bread
- Optional: 1 celery stick diced for extra crunch
- Optional: one tablespoon of dried cranberries/pecans
Calories = 509
Carbs = 46
Fat = 16
Protein = 43
Sodium = 477
Sugar = 4
- Stir both packets of tuna, onions, avocado, Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, celery, and lime in a medium sized bowl. Then add parsley pinch of sea-salt and pepper to the mixture. Finally, add in the dried cranberries and pecans for sweetness. Mix well until the avocado is completely in a pasty form.
- Place both slices of Ezekiel bread in your toaster. Or serve bread at room temperature until defrosted.
- Take the tuna mixture and place in on both slices of toast/bread. You may have a little extra tuna left over.
This recipe is ideal for bodybuilders and athletic fitness gurus. It's a well-balanced snack or meal for those who want to quickly prep and don't have time. I tend to stick this meal as my second meal of the day before hitting the gym. It's protein packed and light on the stomach.
Be experimental, add chili powder for a spicy tuna sandwich or even substitute the tuna for canned salmon or chicken!